Type SV Automatic Fire Vent
- Automativ fire vents aid Firefighters in bringing a fire under control by removing smoke, heat and gasses from a burning building.
- Type SV is ideal for applications requiring smaller vent areas.
- Available in galvanized steel or aluminum construction and can be provided with polycarbonate domes for added daylight.
Standard Features and Benefits
- Thermolatch® positive hold/release mechanism ensures reliable vent operation when a fire occurs. Automatically releases vent covers upon the melting of a UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link. The curb-mounted fusible link housing allows the latch to be quickly and easily reset from the roof level.
- Engineered with powerful lifting mechanisms to open the covers in snow and wind conditions
- Heavy duty shock absorbers assure smooth opening and eliminate the possibility of operational, roofing or structural damage
- Fully insulated and gasketed for weather-tightness
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Material (select one): Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel. Aluminum: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3mm) aluminum
- Cover: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25.4mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12" (305mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89 mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11 mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to the cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Positive hold/release mechanism controlled by a single UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link. Designed to hold the cover closed against a 90 psf (438 kg/m2) uplift force. Provided with interior and exterior pull release cables to manually open vent cover.
- Operation: Compression springs enclosed in telescopic tubes open covers automatically against a 10 psf
(49 kg/m2) snow/wind load when released. Automatic hold-open arms lock the cover in the full open position. Cover is supplied with a shock absorber to assure a controlled rate of opening.
- Performance Rating: Complies with UL 790 Class A (burning brand test)
- Finish: Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer. Aluminum: Mill Finish
Steel: Engineered composite compression spring tubes and steel compression springs packed in grease. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
- Aluminum: Engineered composite compression spring tubes and steel compression springs packed in grease. Type 316 stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.