Type DSH Automatic Fire Vent
- Aid Firefighters in bringing a fire under control by removing smoke, heat and gasses from a burning building.
- DSH series fire vents are available in steel or aluminum construction and in a number of standard UL-listed sizes.
Standard Features and Benefits
Thermolatch® II positive hold/release mechanism ensures reliable vent operation when a fire occurs. Automatically releases vent covers upon the melting of a UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link. The curb-mounted fusible link housing allows the latch to be quickly and easily reset from the roof level.
- Engineered with powerful gas spring operators to open covers in snow and wind conditions
- Gas springs have integral dampers to assure the covers open at a controlled rate
- Fully insulated and gasketed for weather-tightness
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Available in a number of standard UL listed sizes
- Material (select one): Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel. Aluminum: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3 mm) aluminum
- Covers: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25 mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12" (305mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to the curb.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Positive hold/release mechanism controlled by a single UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link with a separate latching point for each cover. Designed to hold the covers closed against a 90 psf (438kg/m2) wind uplift force. Provided with interior and exterior pull release cables to manually open vent covers.
- Operation: When released, high performance gas springs open covers against a 10 psf (49kg/m2) snow/wind load and lock covers in the open position. Gas springs have integral dampers to assure a controlled rate of cover opening and have a cyclic durability of 50,000 cycles.
- Performance Ratings: UL-listed. Comply with UL 793 and UL 790 Class A (burning brand test).
Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer.
Aluminum: Mill Finish
- Hardware: Gas springs have a powder coated outer tube and chromate plated inner rod. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed or galvanized