Lumivent Automatic Fire Vent
- All the security and value of an automatic fire vent with the added benefits of a skylight.
- The Lumivent® is UL-listed and features a multi-wall polycarbonate cover design that resists UV degradation and offers superior insulation performance over traditional domes.
Standard Features and Benefits
- Thermolatch® II positive hold/release mechanism ensures reliable vent operation when a fire occurs. Automatically releases vent covers upon the melting of a UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link. The curb-mounted fusible link housing allows the latch to be quickly and easily reset from the roof level.
- Engineered with powerful lifting mechanisms to open the covers in snow and wind conditions
- Heavy duty shock absorbers assure smooth opening and eliminate the possibility of operational, roofing or structural damage
- Fully insulated and gasketed for weather-tightness
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Available in a number of standard UL listed sizes
- Material: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3 mm) aluminum
- Covers: Constructed with a translucent multi-wall polycarbonate sheet* framed with rigid extruded aluminum and coated for UV resistance. Glazing shall provide an R-factor of 2.38 per ASTM D236.
- Curb: 12" (305 mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89 mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11 mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Dual durometer, co-extruded, EPDM rubber gasket mechanically fastened to the top of the curb.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty stainless steel pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Positive hold/release mechanism controlled by a single UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link with a separate latching point for each cover. Designed to hold the covers closed against a 90 psf (438kg/m2) wind uplift force. Provided with interior and exterior pull release cables to manually open vent covers.
- Operation: High performance gas springs open covers automatically against a 10 psf (49 kg/m2) snow/wind load when released. Gas springs have integral dampers to assure a controlled rate of cover opening and have a cyclic durability of 50,000 cycles. Automatic hold-open arms lock each cover in the full open position.
- Performance Ratings: UL-listed. Complies with UL 790 Class A (burning brand test)
- Finish: Mill Finish
- Hardware: Gas springs have a powder coated outer tube and chrome plated inner rod. Hinges are type 316 stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.