Type ACDSH Acoustical Fire Vent
- Automatic fire vents aid Firefighters in bringing a fire under control by removing smoke, heat and gasses from a burning building.
- Available in a number of standard UL-Listed sizes, vents are designed to guard against noise intrusion and at the same time provide the security of dependable automatic venting in the event of a fire.
- Vents are ideal for concert halls, theaters and other applications and carry the highest available sound rating on the market.
Standard Features and Benefits
- STC-46 acoustical sound rating
- Thermolatch® II positive hold/release mechanism ensures reliable vent operation when a fire occurs. Automatically releases vent covers upon the melting of a UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link. The curb-mounted fusible link housing allows the latch to be quickly and easily reset from the roof level.
- Engineered with gas spring operators to open the covers in snow and wind conditions
- Gas springs have built-in dampers to assure smooth opening and eliminate the possibility of operational, roofing or structural damage
- Fully insulated and gasketed for weather-tightness
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Available in a number of standard UL-listed sizes
- Material: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (1.9mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel
- Covers: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 3" (76mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 5" (127mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load
- Curb: 12" (305mm) in height with integral capflashing and 3" (76 mm) fiberglass insulation that is fully enclosed by a 14 gauge (1.9 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanizedsteel liner. Curb has fully welded corners and a 5" (127 mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11mm) provided for securing to the roof deck
- Gasket: Extruded PVC gaskets permanently adhered to the underside of the covers and top of
- Hinges: Heavy-duty zinc plated piano hinges with 1/4" (6mm) hinge pins
- Latch: Positive hold/release mechanism controlled by a single UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link with a separate latching point for each cover. Designed to hold the covers closed against a 90 psf (438 kg/m2) uplift force. Provided with interior and exterior pull release cables to manually open vent covers.
- Operation: Corrosion resistant gas springs open covers automatically against a 10 psf (49 kg/m2) snow/wind load when released. Gas springs have built in dampers to assure a controlled rate of opening and automatically lock the covers in the full open position
- Performance Ratings: UL-Listed. STC-46 sound rating. Complies with UL 790 Class A (burning brand test)
- Finish: Alkyd base red oxide prime
- Hardware: Corrosion resistant gas springs and hot dip galvanized steel stop cables. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed